Solomons - $20m to fight virus
Quoting the Solomon Star newspaper – 7 February 2020
“A BUDGETARY support of $20million has been set aside by the national government as part of its assistance towards preparatory plans to combat the deadly coronavirus in the country.
“Permanent Secretary Paulin Boseto McNeil revealed this during a media press conference in Honiara on Wednesday.
“She expressed the Ministry of Health and Medical Service’s (MHMS) gratitude towards the timely support.
“The ministry has submitted to Cabinet a paper last week and thankfully the Cabinet has endorsed an amount of $20million in support of the emergency preparedness and response,” she said.
“McNeil said the support is dependent on how the scenario will take place. If it escalates then of course it will need a lot more budgetary support and resources.”
Copyright @ 2020, Solomon Star News.